Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Employed by God

"Work hard so God can say to you, "Well done." Be a good workman, one who does not need to be ashamed when God examines your work.  Know what his word says and means."
2 Timothy 2:15

Someday, God will examine my work. Will it be up to par? Like any employee, I must know how to do the job if I am to do it well.  Part of that is familiarizing myself with the handbook, knowing how to use the tools of the trade, getting along with my co-workers and becoming a positive representative of the company.  I must keep working even when The Boss is not looking!
By believing in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for me, I'm hired into The Company and there is much work to be done until The Boss returns. He has equipped me with the right tools (prayer, the Bible, love for others), now I just have to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment