Saturday, July 7, 2012

Jesus Calms the Storm

Jesus' humanity and divinity are woven together in these verses:

"As they sailed, he fell asleep." - Luke 8:23

So peacefully he slept, the disciples had to wake him when a squall put them in such imminent danger, they were fearful of drowning.  We humans don't know how to live so fearlessly, but Jesus is God who created these elements that threatened them so. He's the Top of the Line, the Big Cheese, the King Pin; what does he have to fear?

"He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided and all was calm." - Luke 8:24

I would love to have witnessed that!  Imagine such forceful wind and crashing waves that seasoned fishermen are terrified, yet Jesus speaks and all is calm.

Jesus, speak for me. Speak during the storms of my life, for your word says I will not be given more than I can bear.  May I ever be yoked with you, my fearless defender, redeemer and omnipotent God, my closest friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment