Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Golden Rule

"For others will treat you as you treat them."
"Do for others what you want them to do for you."
Matthew 7: 2 and 12

I have noticed this: our moods rub off on each other. If someone is negative, grouchy and frowning, it's as if they are spraying pesticide in the air around them.  But if a person tells a joke, flashes a quick smile or pays a compliment, they are spraying air freshener.  This should cause me to examine myself. What am I spraying? What would I rather be remembered for if I died today? Maybe I should quiz a few of my acquaintances who will honestly assess my personality, then make adjustments accordingly.
Jesus, remind me to spray joy by using my smile more often and sprinkling humor wherever I go.
I love you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment