Monday, July 30, 2012

A Person I'd Like to Meet

"The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them: he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God, he and his whole family."
Acts 16:34

Sometimes I ponder some of the people I shall meet in heaven.  I'd love to converse with this jailer. As he'd put the shackles on the feet of Paul, he had no way of knowing it was Apostle Paul, future author of many new testament books. But, after an earthquake loosed the chains and threw open the prison doors, the jailer fell trembling at the feet of Paul and Silas saying, "What must I do to be saved?"  Sometimes, it takes a catastrophic event to magnify our own mortality. The power of God brought this man to his knees. Following his conversion to Christianity, his tender ways were evident as he washed their wounds and set a meal before them in his house.
Lord, what a marvelous way of life you've provided : being filled with joy! Now, the jailer is freely worshiping Christ in heaven. I look forward to meeting you someday, sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment