Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Wrath of God

"You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry?"
Psalm 76:7

What examples does the Bible give of God's righteous anger? The plagues of Egypt, the Great Flood, disobedient people being struck down by the Angel of the Lord...I am indubitably glad the acts of love and mercy far outweigh these.  I must be sure to have a high regard, fear, honor and respect for God, never seeing only his loving side, or I may become complacent.  I don't think I could stand before God if he were even remotely scowling; my knees would buckle and my heart would race like a rabbit's.
Lord, remember your covenant when I stand before you, robed in Christ's clothes. Smile and embrace me as your child.  Nothing have I earned but on Christ alone I stand, my solid rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment