Saturday, July 28, 2012

With God as my Witness

"God...is my witness how I constantly remember you in my prayers at all times."
Romans 1:9

Paul is writing to the Christians in Rome, but what he has written here holds true for all believers who pray.  God is my witness! He sees and hears who I pray about, what I praise him for, how my heart is invested in it, where I am when in prayer and why I am praying for certain people.  The very God who made all the universe witnesses what I have to say. He has promised not only to listen, but to be my proactive intercessor. In this same vein, I shamefully know he's my witness to my failure in prayer - all the times I do not thank him, praise him or just talk to him about my day. 
Lord, may I be as proactive as you are when it comes to communicating with you.  Why would I hold back when I love you so?

No comments:

Post a Comment