Sunday, July 22, 2012

God Sings

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

Imagine the Lord rejoicing in song over me! Shouldn't it be the other way around? Like the dry ground, I absorb the tenderness in his voice when I read "he will quiet you with his love." In such a chaotic world of loud commercials, ringing phones, the clatter of vehicles or the din of the radio, I yearn for the quiet promised here. Why would the Lord take great delight in me? Because I am robed in the righteousness of Jesus.
Thank you, Jesus, for being a Mighty Savior. Even in your weakness on the cross, you are stronger than anything on earth. May my lifesong sing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment