Friday, July 20, 2012

Don't Open That Door!

"If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."
Genesis 4:7

God is explaining to Cain how to stay out of trouble.  There is always a decision to be made somewhere along the way and, heaven help me if I open that door where sin is crouching.  It will be like a demon springing out at me shouting, "Gotcha!" But, there is a willful reach of my hand for the knob, isn't there? "You must master it", says God.  Why does Satan desire to have me if all he'll do is torment me until I weep and gnash my teeth? God, on the other hand, desires a relationship with me, just as my parents do. He truly loves me.
Jesus, when my hand is reaching for the knob, speak to me down deep in my soul. Protect me, by the power of your Holy Spirit, from this very real enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment