Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Ultimate Celebrity

"Christ was alive when the world began, yet I myself have seen him with my own eyes and listened to him speak.  I have touched him with my own hands.  He is God's message of life.  The one who is life from God has been shown to us and we guarantee that we have seen him: I am speaking of Christ, who is eternal life."
1 John 1: 1&2

Have you ever met a celebrity and, if so, were you permitted to touch him with your own hands?
Imagine what an awesome, life-changing, original experience it was for the apostle John, to see, hear and touch God, who existed before all else. I was awestruck when President George Bush came to Kirtland, and I only got to see him from a distance if I squinted.  Nonetheless, it was a dazzling, memorable experience for me.  But this! Interacting with the Messiah on a daily basis?
As unbelievable as this is, a close relationship is available to all who believe on His name. I can say I have been touched by the Ultimate Celebrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment