Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Life is Fragile; Handle With Prayer

"How do you know what's going to happen tomorrow?  For the length of your lives is as uncertain as the morning fog; now you see it, soon it's gone."
James 4:14
"Don't draw up a plan and then ask for God's signature.  Find out what his plan is, then put your name on the list." - Corrie Ten Boom

These two quotations put into perspective God's pecking order, for who am I to think I can control or orchestrate anything?  I cannot change one strand of hair to another color: I cannot speak and therefore create.  When I die, few will remember me, and when those few are gone, no one will have known me. I don't even know if I'll live to the close of this day!
"If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take."
Lord, I submit to your will. Where is your list that I may add my name to the bottom?  Thank you for this reminder that it's not all about me, ever! May I live each day to the fullest until you take me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment