Sunday, June 17, 2012

Home Sweet Home

"You have been chosen by God himself, you are priests of the king, you are holy and pure, you are God's very own...You are only visitors here since your real home is in heaven.  I beg you to keep away from the evil pleasures of this world; they are not for you, for they fight against your very souls."
1 Peter 2:9-14

If I am not a resident here, only passing through, and my real home does not boast of the "evil pleasures of this world", then it only makes sense to keep away from those things.  They should feel as foreign to me as worshiping Buddha or eating Russian fare.  This is why they fight against my very soul because they don't belong!  It is akin to eating grass or wearing an astronaut's garb to the grocery store.  They are not for me. I am a priest of the King. I am God's very own.

Lord, with the help of your Spirit who dwells within me, lead me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment