Tuesday, June 12, 2012

True Wealth is Not Measured by Dollars and Cents

"How can you claim that you belong to the Lord Jesus Christ if you show favoritism to rich people and look down on poor people?  Judging a man by his wealth shows that you are guided by wrong motives...God has chosen poor people to be rich in faith and the kingdom of heaven is theirs."
James 2:1-9

Lord, I struggle with judging people. I want to honestly look upon their heart, but the tentacles of society often encroach upon my conscience, causing me to cast judgments based on sight.  The truly wealthy haven't two dimes to rub together, but lay up for themselves heavenly treasures that don't lose interest or get repossessed.
Lord, teach me to examine my own heart and to peer into the souls of others with your sight before I jump to judgments and conclusions. Forgive my humaness.
I love and trust you, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment