Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Patience is a Virtue" (or so my mother used to say)

"Is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow.  So, let it grow and don't try to squirm out of your problems. For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete."
James 1:2-4

James hit the nail directly with his opening question.  Since I would answer yes to this, I must then be patient and face my problems.  How long will it take for my patience to reach "full bloom" status?  And, what do I do in the meantime?  Just keep taking everything on the chin? 
I will lean on my comforter, the Holy Spirit, for direction.  He is the one building strong character in me, thereby making me strong and complete.  Lord, remind me that my enemy is not flesh and blood, rather it is the principalities of this dark world, so gird me for battle with the full armor of Christ, for I am a Christian Soldier.

No comments:

Post a Comment