Thursday, June 28, 2012

In God's House

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.  Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me...I will sing and make music to the Lord."
Psalm 27: 4-6

Initially, when I think of God's house, I think of being in church and the security I have always experienced there, next to my father's warm side. Nothing from the outside world could reach me there as the pure loveliness surrounded me: sunshine streamed through stained glass, flowers bedecked the altar, strains of music swayed from pensive to glorious tones, believers shook hands, all of one accord.
As I mature in life, I see that this safe dwelling is in my very soul, for that is where God lives!  He protects me from spiritual enemies as his voice guides me internally. I don't have to go anywhere or wait until Sunday to see Him. I just have to breathe, be still and know God.
Thank you, blessed Jesus. Praises adorn you, my dearest King.

No comments:

Post a Comment