Friday, June 15, 2012

Eternal Fame

"Yes, our natural lives will fade as grass does when it becomes all brown and dry.  All our greatness is like a flower that droops and falls, but the word of the Lord lasts forever."
1 Peter 1: 24 & 25

"All our greatness" makes me think of great minds like Einstein or Edison, or great beauties such as Grace Kelly and Princess Diana, or even selfless philantropists like Mother Teresa.  They undoubtedly left a larger mark on this world that I ever will, but their memories fade all the same.  The lovely visage of the beauty nows rots in the grave.  The wheels of Einstein's brain no longer spin.  Each day's obituaries remind me of my own mortality. 
What makes a person immortal? Fame, power or wealth? To the world, I am nobody special, but to God, I am holy and dearly loved, chosen to be immortal because I am clothed in the righteous robes of Jesus Christ.  Eternal life is a gift I gladly accept; let my life be a thank-you note to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment