Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Take Action!

"If your aim is to enjoy the evil pleasures of the unsaved world, you cannot also be a friend of God...but he gives us more and more strength to stand against all such evil longings...so give yourselves humbly to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  And when you draw close to God, God will draw close to you."
James 4: 4, 6 & 7

God, it says here that you will give me more and more strength. That means that as the temptations increase, so will your provisions to resist them.  You also promise to draw near to me when I draw near to you. Now, that's something I can control!  I can choose to be near you through prayer and the reading of your love letters.
I praise you for the gift of your Spirit, which is as close as my own breath and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment