Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Key to Happiness

"Happy is the man who doesn't give in and do wrong when he is tempted, for afterward, he will get as his reward the crown of life that God has promised those who love him."
James 1:12

It's important to keep my perspective when faced with a temptation: What is more valuable?  This dangling carrot or the Crown of Life?  What may entangle my choices is the fact that rewards or punishments are deferred, they aren't received right away so it seems as if nothing happens, it doesn't matter.  The world would have me think, "It's okay, no one is getting hurt. Do what you want."  But, it's not okay.  This verse assures me the key to happiness is doing it God's way. 
With the help of his Spirit, deep in my heart, this is my desire.  Help me, Lord, to be great in your sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment