Saturday, August 31, 2013

What Will be Written of You?

Romans chapter 16

     In this chapter of Paul's letter to the Romans, the names of thirty-three Christians are mentioned for the various ways they've worked for the Body of Christ. One was a "great help to many people." Two risked their lives for Paul. Epenetus is listed as the first convert to Christianity in Asia. Andronias and Junias were in prison for their faith. There's Mary who "worked very hard." Appeles was "tested and approved in Christ." Rufus' mother had been like a mother to Paul, too. Tertius wrote the words in the letter for Paul, as a secretary. Gaius was noted for his hospitality.

     My name is not written in the Bible, but it is engraved on God's palms! (see Isaiah 49:16) It is also written in the Book of Life:

     "He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels." Revelation 3:5

     As a Christian, what talents or abilities, what good works for Jesus, will be written next to my name? Will I be remembered for my hospitality or being like a mother to others? Would I risk my life or suffer imprisonment?

     What I do each day pens my life's story, one word at a time.

     What will be written of me today?

No comments:

Post a Comment