Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Proper Perspective

"On the appointed day Herod, wearing his royal robes, sat on his throne and delivered a public address to the people. They shouted, 'This is the voice of a god, not of a man.' Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten my worms and died."
Acts 12: 21-23

     Keep the proper perspective. Don't let your ego get so big that it overshadows your Creator. God desires a humble heart.

     Satan once thought he'd like to be larger than God: he would like to be praised and worshipped. Because of that, he, who once was an angel, was cast out of heaven.

     Don't be swayed by the adulation of others. Even Herod's royal robes and throne were not enough to help him when God struck him down. He lost his perspective.

     Isaiah 14: 13-15 says:  "You said in your heart, 'I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.' But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit."

No comments:

Post a Comment