Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Like Going Back Home

"...you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth, even to your old age and gray hairs. I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
Isaiah 46: 3 & 4

     After I became an adult and lived on my own, I missed mom's homecooked meals. If I became sick, I no longer had that compassionate attention I once did. Maybe that's why going home for Thanksgiving feels so special. It harkens back to those unique childhood feelings.

     We never have to move out of God's house. He sustains us and carries us from conception to old age and beyond, ever coming to our rescue! It's such a comfort to know the same One who made me, sustains me all along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment