Sunday, August 18, 2013

How Shall I Dress?

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3: 17

     As a believer, how should I dress before leaving the house? Colossians chapter three lists a selection of garments: compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (verse 12)  Wearing these helps me to bear with others in forgiveness, just as God forgave me. How did he forgive me? By chucking my iniquities into the deep, deep sea. Therefore, I have no right to hold a grudge against anyone. It'd be like accessorizing my outfit with a purse of dripping, stinking mud. My overcoat is to be love (verse 14) because it covers over a multitude of sins. If I truly love others, their faults I no longer see.

     Once dressed, I am to let the peace of Christ rule my heart, consume his Holy Word daily and raise my voice in songs of thankfulness. (verses 15 & 16)

     Doing this each day will enable me to do ALL in the name of Jesus. I will be a well dressed woman, with the help of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment