Sunday, August 11, 2013

God's Laundry Soap

"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." Psalm 51:2

"Cleanse me with hyssop and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

"'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are as red as crimson, they shall be like wool.'"  Isaiah 1:18

     When my husband worked for the water department, he'd often come home dressed in mud, head to toe. He even had mud in his ears! Now, I don't care what claims the leading brands make, all the soaking, scrubbing and spraying could not thoroughly clean those clothes. So, he wore stained stuff!

     Here is one of God's mysteries: How can blood cleanse? I thought it made unsightly stains, but there is power in the blood of Christ. Jesus, the Ultimate Stain Fighter, leaves no hints of former ground-in grime or grease to remind us of all the mud in our lives. Once we repent of our scarlet stains, he washes us whiter than snow so we don't have to go around in stained stuff. So, put on the righteous robes of the Savior and you will be the best dressed person around.

No comments:

Post a Comment