Friday, August 23, 2013

Know Where You're Going

"Then Jesus told them, 'You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going.'"
John 12:35

     I like to watch the ants, wondering about their hard-working lives, what their underground homes look like and what propels them. I saw one crawling alone across my vast patio; where was he going? How does he know the way? As far as I know, there are no ant cartographers around drawing maps, making signs.  Finally, I surmised that God gave him a built-in GPS. He tells the ant which way to go.

     How refreshingly wonderful it is each day for me to know where I'm headed. I don't mean this in a literal sense, because, to be honest, sometimes it's not so wonderful to be headed to work. As a Christian, I do not have to stumble in the darkness without plan or purpose. Each night, God tucks me in and watches over me during his sleepless night. By day, I walk in the footsteps of Christ, the Light of the world. The end of the journey is heaven, a glorious place where there is no need of sun or moon. The Lamb is its lamp. (Revelation 21:23)

     Isaiah 60:20 says: "Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end."

No comments:

Post a Comment