Saturday, August 3, 2013

Jesus Meets You Where You Are

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me."
Revelations 3:20

     Jesus meets me where I am. He comes to my house, knocking and calling my name, because he desires a true, daily relationship. A simple meal, a quiet conversation, wondering how I've been - I can have this closeness with my Savior if I but open the door.

     That's how Jesus is. He goes out looking for the lost sheep. He enters the home of sinners and notorious no-gooders, just as he did in Bible times.

     Zacchaeus was a despised tax collector. When Jesus came to his town, he wanted to see him but was too short to peer over the crowd. So, he climbed a sycamore tree that branched out over the road. When Jesus walked beneath, he stopped, looked up and called Zacchaeus by name. Jesus met him where he was, in the middle of the road, in a tree. "Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today," Jesus said in Luke 19, verse five.

     Jesus is calling your name today. Don't tarry! Answer his call right away and you won't be sorry. I am living proof.

     "For the Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost." Luke 19:10

No comments:

Post a Comment