Thursday, July 18, 2013

Why Search for Jesus?

"Once the crowd realized that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boats and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus."
John 6:24

     What motivates me to search for Jesus? Some of the people in the Gospel of John wanted Jesus to be their earthly king, to provide food, to demonstrate power and to bring Rome under their feet.

     Do I seek Jesus for these reasons, knowing He is the omnipotent King of all? While that is surely a benefit beyond all measure, I'd like to say I seek Jesus for completeness. Without Him, I've a void that aches and I have dark red sin stains which weigh me down. Jesus gives me peace that passes all understanding, joy that exceeds happiness and hope for a future that He mandates.

     "I am trusting thee, Lord Jesus, trusting only thee.
     Trusting thee for full salvation, rich and free."

No comments:

Post a Comment