Sunday, July 21, 2013

Do the Right Thing

"Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong." Exodus 23:2

"Stop doing wrong, learn to do right." Isaiah 1:16

"Never tire of doing what is right."  2 Thessalonians 3:13

"The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart." Psalm 19:8

     Doing the right thing is a conscious choice. It may not come naturally, and it may be a very difficult thing to do at times, especially if everyone else chooses a different path.

     Recently, I had a decision to make. In trying to receive benefits from a governmental office to help my parents, it was surreptitiously suggested by someone that I hide some of their assets. If I had sent the request through as is, I ran the risk of not receiving the benefits. After reading the above verses, the answer was very clear: send the application honestly and let God do as He sees fit. This brings joy to my heart!

     When constructing anything, right angles are necessary or the whole project will go awry!  Do the right thing and God will bless your efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment