Monday, July 15, 2013

Grow Up

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who makes things grow."
1 Corinthians 3:7

     Growth is so important. If I were the same size I was in 1961, I'd not have been able to experience things like marriage and motherhood. Intellectual growth is just as important, but, unlike my physique, should never cease.  As my dad used to say, until I've read all the books down at Morley Library, I don't know it all. Spiritual growth, of the three components, is most crucial. After all, if I'm going to spend eternity with my Savior, I want to know all I can about him. I love him; he loves me so I want to explore his background, his roots, his future, his family, his likes and dislikes.

     Faith begins like a small seed. Once planted, the sunshine of Scripture and the rain of prayers cultivate my heart as the Spirit continues to pull weeds. It's a lifelong process that is necessary for eternal happiness.

     "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment