Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Broken Chains of Bondage

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners."
Isaiah 61:1

Let Freedom Ring! Sound the Liberty Bell! God has sent Jesus to release us from the slavery and imprisonment of Satan.

     My favorite, most treasured symbol of America is the Statue of Liberty. She holds a torch to light the way while the broken chains of tyranny pool around her feet. These words of Emma Lazarus, engraved on her pedestal, could have been taken from scripture:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

     Only Jesus provides true liberty from the imprisonment of darkness, from the tyranny of evil. He has set the captive free and broken the chains of slavery. Believe upon his name and this truth shall set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment