Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Are You Thirsty?

"Jesus answered, 'Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'"
John 4: 13 & 14

"'Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.' By this he (Jesus) meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to recieve."
John 7: 38 & 39

     When I awoke today, feeling thirsty, I drank some water before my feet even hit the floor.  Padding into the bathroom, I used water there for all my daily needs. In fact, that's a room that would be utterly useless without water. Coming downstairs, I gave fresh water to the pets, then filled the coffee pot also. Looking outside, I see how the thunderstorm during the night has nourished the foliage and created baths for the birds.
     Where would any of us be without water? Not too many days would pass before I'd be dirty, disheveled and dehydrated. My organs would dry up, my brain would disconnect, I'd be dead.
     With the Spirit of God dwelling within me, I have a wellspring of life flowing from my soul! Saying my prayers and reading my Bible refresh me like a cold drink on a hot day. When I walk through the deserts of discouragement, depression or disease, I have all I need for the journey. "His grace is sufficient for all my needs."
     Some folks do not even realize how thirsty they are. Jesus is wanting a personal, vibrant, abundant relationship with YOU. Ask him into your heart today and you will never be thirsty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment