Sunday, July 21, 2013

Use Quality Materials

"For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Christ Jesus. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because The Day will bring it to light."

1 Corinthians 3: 11-13

     We all have been given the same foundation on which to build, that of the precious Lamb of God. What materials will you use? Gold or straw?

     In this world, only what is done for Christ will last. If I tithe ten percent of my time and money, if I devote daily time toward reading the Bible and prayer, if I confess my sins, share the gospel and act with hospitality, generosity and love - these are the golden materials.

     Why would I choose anything of lesser, flimsy quality?

No comments:

Post a Comment