Sunday, July 7, 2013

Just Do It

"Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened to Jerusalem. Three times a day, he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just has he had done before."
Daniel 6:10

     This decree said "anyone who prays to any god or man during the next thirty days except to you, O King (Darius), shall be thrown into the lion's den." (6:7) Now, the concept of being thrown into a den of hungry, prowling lions would be scary to most. Perhaps Daniel, fearing for his life, could have reasoned, "It's only for 30 days. Maybe I should just cease my daily way of praying to save my skin." However, Daniel wisely relied on the salvation of God, not on himself, and he went home and did things just as he did before.
     Being an American, I enjoy freedom of religion, but I may not always have that. Things have a way of changing. However, no decree from any government is going to alter my faith. My help comes from the name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment