Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Jesus, The Patriot

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another in love."
Galatians 5:13

     I've heard it said that "freedom is not free." On Independence Day, I reflect on my patriot forefathers who gave of life and limb for my liberty.
     Romans 8, verses one and two, tells me of my spiritual Patriot who died for my liberty:

"Therefore, there in now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the spirit of life sets me free from the law of sin and death."

     This freedom far outweighs freedom of speech and religion. With this brand of liberty, I am free from sin and death! I do not have the freedom to do whatever I please, but to imitate Christ by serving others in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment