Saturday, January 26, 2013

Open Your Eyes

"I also pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe."
Ephesians 1:18

May this be my daily prayer, O God. Three words jump out at me: hope, riches, power. Open the eyes of my heart, that I may not be oblivious to these shining gifts you've given to all believers! As I await my redemption, I have blessed hope. Sealed by your Spirit, forgiven by your blood, anointed as your daughter, I have the blessed assurance that I will inherit your kingdom with the saints for all eternity! These are the riches Paul, the writer, refers to. And Jesus fills me with a power that has no comparison. Think of the highest title - President or Pope - or the most devastating natural occurence - wind or quake. Nothing compares with God's power, authority and dominion.

No comments:

Post a Comment