Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Barbs of Self Doubt

"It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."
Ephesians 4: 11-13

     In these recent weeks, I've keenly felt the Enemy's attacks as I've questioned my validity as a writer. Am I worthy of writing a blog pertaining to God's precious word? After all, there are far more mature Chrisitians with deeper insights and cleaner pasts than me. Satan asked of me: "Who are you that any reader should listen?"
     Having prayed about it, today God reassured me with the above scripture that is was He who appointed me to be a writer that, in this way, even with my life's scars, I may help prepare God's people, encouraging them along their walk with God. Aren't we all trying to mature in Christ, grow in faith, find our way? Attaining that "whole measure of the fullness of Christ" the Apostle Paul refers to is a lifelong process. Had I listened to that nagging voice of my enemy, The Accuser, and stopped writing my blog, he would have silenced another voice whom Jesus uses.
     Dearest God, I thank you for bestowing upon me a gift of expression through words so that I may tell others about you. May Christ increase, while I decrease, so that you, and you alone, are glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment