Wednesday, January 16, 2013

God Means What He Says

"The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: 'Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures as I have done. As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.'"
Genesis 8: 21,22

After the deluge and devastation, Noah's sacrifice pleased the Lord. Oh, how it must have grieved God to destroy all that he'd made, but now, he sees a new beginning and makes a promise.
When I see the seasons revolve, the leaves fall as cold air is ushered in, I am reminded of this promise. He blesses me with brilliant leaves, pristine snow, the warm embrace of sunshine and unfolding daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment