Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Twenty Third Psalm, Part 3

"He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
Psalm 23

     The definition of the word restore is "to give back something taken away, lost, etc. To bring back to a former or normal condition as by repairing or rebuilding." My husband and I like to attend classic car shows. I especially like to leaf through the occasional photo album, showing the before and after pictures of the car on display. The restorations done are investments of time, money and a lot of love; the finished product is a thing of beauty.
     When God created the world, he said it was all very good and he blessed it. The soul, prior to the encroachment of sin, was pristine and right with God. The rust of neglect and the evidence of the fallen environment in which I live take a toll on my soul that only God can restore. He brings polish, shine and renewed purpose to me as he leads me on the road to everlasting freedom. So, before I lay down at the close of the day, I ask God to restore unto me the joy of his salvation, cleanse me from all sin and keep me in good order.
     Hosea 14:4 says, "I will heal their waywardness and love them freely."

No comments:

Post a Comment