Friday, January 11, 2013

The Twenty Third Psalm Part 6

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Psalm 23

     What a glorious ending to this beloved Psalm that has become my evening prayer. My Shepherd provides all I need. He grants me peace and restoration for body and soul by leading me on right paths. Even in the darkest moments, he eases my fear as I fully trust my Victor who comforts me. He anoints me as someone who is very special and generously provides the richest of fare. The magnanimous outpouring of blessings is more than I have room for, and I will dwell in his house forever! Where else would I want to be?
     Before going to bed, recite the 23rd Psalm and truly rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment