Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Healthy Diet

"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."
Proverbs 3: 7 & 8

     Good health is the subject of many magazine articles, but how many of them mention the soul as part of the equation? All of the whole wheat, low fat, no sodium solutions in the world are not going to cure me if I am living in sin. If everyone I met got the rough side of my tongue, if I cheated my employer of time, if my fists remained clenched or if I dart about in the shadows of dishonesty, Iwill ail with the disease of sin. A lifestyle removed from the one my Creator has in store for me will cause me to be physically sick. A steady diet of reading the Bible, liberally peppered with prayer, and a surrender to his will in my life - these are the requirements for good health.
     Proverbs 4: 20-22 says: "My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body."

No comments:

Post a Comment