Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Planting Seeds

"He also said, 'This is what the Kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how."
Mark 4: 26, 27

     Seeds still in the packet have the potential for growth but are useless without sun, soil and rain, those provisions from God. Until a person opens the packet and scatters the seeds, there's no growth.
     If I read God's word but do not share it with others, I'm peering down into the seed packet, but when I write this blog, the potential is released, the seeds are scattered! I don't know who will read what I wrote but I do know God's word is the Bread of Life, a stream of Living Water that quenches those who hunger and thirst.
     Why would I want to keep that to myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment