Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Birthday Card from God

"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:16

     What a perfect verse to meditate upon on my birthday! God is a consummate author. Each person he creates is like a great novel, a history book. Before I was even introduced to my parents, God penned my life story, molding characters, injecting humor, peppering the plot with joy or tragedy. Painting my eyes an amber brown, he knew I would be tall, graced me with a love of words and nestled me in a loving, Christian home. The setting was the quaint village of Grand River where I walked to school, rode my blue bike and learned about him in Sunday School. He ordained me to be a daughter of his and loves me unconditionally.
     How can my birthday be anything but happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment