Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wait Till Your Father Gets Home

"Wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts."
1 Corinthians 4: 1-5

     This reminds me of that old childlike feeling of knowing that I'm in trouble when mom would say, "Wait till your father gets home." My father's word was the final one; what chance did I have but to face the music?
     The definition of motive is "some inner drive that causes a person to do something or act in a certain way." What drives me to act the way I do? Who is seated behind the wheel? Stress? Vanity? Love or Fear? Seems to me I should allow my stalwart, unchanging Savior to drive because when I base my actions on emotions, I'm all over the road, crashing into things.
     Jesus, you died for me, betrothed be with your Spirit and entrusted me with your secrets. Help me to trust you as implicitly  as you deserve so that when my Father gets home, I will receive praise from Him, not scorn, shame or disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment