Tuesday, October 30, 2012

He Knows Me

"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you percieve my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O Lord."
Psalm 139: 1-4

     It's an amazing thought that God knows my name, but he knows me better than I know myself. Why is he so interested in me that he would search my heart, becoming familiar with all my ways? To know when I sit or when I rise, he has to be right there with  me. He knows what I am going to say next! Uh oh. That's humbling when I think of some of the garbage that comes out of  my mouth. I'd rather only good things did, especially if he's listening.
     Lord, like a spouse, you see me with rumpled hair and morning breath and yet, you are faithfully near. The King of Kings sees me at my worst! If I were going to meet the President, I would have to buy a new outfit; I would not be seen in my cathair-covered robe and scuffed slippers, yet this is how God daily sees me through eyes of familiar love. He made me!

No comments:

Post a Comment