Saturday, November 3, 2012

How Much Does This Cost?

"Then he showed me Joshua, the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan, standing at the right side to accuse him...Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those standing before him, 'Take off his filthy clothes.' Then he said to Joshua, 'See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you.'"
Zechariah 3: 1,3,4

     Satan! Always standing around waiting to accuse me! I can imagine him smirking at me as I stand before the Lord, head bowed, in my dirty garments of sin, all the mucky stuff he coerced me to do. But, wait! The accusations are correct! I did do that awful thing! I did say that about someone! It's all true. How can I get out of these offensive clothes? Wait...what's this I see? The angel is bringing out a richly ornamented robe and, just as Cinderella trades her sooty housedress for the glittering ballgown of blue, so I am dressed in this magnificent garb! How can this be? I've no money. How much does this cost?
     John 19:23 says: "When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom." Jesus gave up his garments for me. Naked, he hung on a rough hewn cross, bleeding and dying, forgiving me with each ragged breath, so I may be robed in HIS righteousness.  The King of Creation became sin for me so that I may become "the righteousness of God."(2 Corinthians 5:21)  When I wear my cross necklace, I remember what his nakedness represents for me.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment