Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Fleeting Shadow

"O Lord, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him? Man is like a breath, his days are like a fleeting shadow."
Psalm 144: 3,4

     Each day, without fail, obituaries are printed in the newspapers across the world. Some have a photograph, some have lengthy accounts, others are brief. What mark did they leave? What difference did they make? Were they abusive or kind? Soft spoken or harsh yellers? How can God love each one so much that he sent his only begotten Son to keep them from perishing?
     From my perspective, my time is long, my life is important, things matter - but who will remember me in 75 years when my children pass away? Who will see my gravestone and think about me?
     "Only what's done for Christ will last."

No comments:

Post a Comment