Sunday, February 7, 2021

Decisions, Decisions

 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live, and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him." Deuteronomy 30: 19, 20

    Life is full of choices.  A trip to the grocery store is a test of endurance these days. In the mile-long cereal aisle, my husband lamented, "Now that I'm an adult, I can choose any kind of cereal I want, and I have no idea what to get!" Labels boast of low sodium, no sodium, fun size or family size. It's enough to make my head spin. In a sweat, I choose as wisely as possible as I careen my cart around countless road blocks, but sometimes, I still get home and groan, realizing I erroneously bought the jalapeno crackers instead of the regular!

    God offers us ONE choice: life or death. It's a black and white situation, no grey areas, but it's the most important, eternal decision you will ever make. Contrary to popular opinion, there are not many roads that lead to heaven; there's only one. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) The Apostle John plainly wrote, "Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life." (1 John 5:12) Before you check out, I implore you to accept the free gift of eternal life and choose Jesus. You will be eternally grateful (and so will I.)

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 25:15

No comments:

Post a Comment