Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Arresting Beauty

 "The Lord their God will save his people on that day as a shepherd saves his flock. They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown. How attractive and beautiful they will be!" Zechariah 9: 16, 17

    Have you ever been about your mundane tasks when Someone sends you a love letter, special delivery? Going out to fetch the paper, I unexpectedly opened a portal to an awesome scene, akin to when Dorothy's spinning home finally landed, and the black and whiteness of her world was splashed with splendid colors as she opened the crooked door. How can I better describe the awe when, exiting the garage, my eyes beheld a pristine land laden with glittering diamonds? It was arresting! Utterly quiet, every surface was generously gleaming with these precious gems from God. An eager young man on one knee before an expectant, blushing bride-to-be, presents her with a wee velvet box, satin lined and bearing a world of hopeful promise. Yet, even this depiction of loving joy fails and pales in comparison with the trillions of icy diamonds my Betrothed gave to me this morning. Me, in my bathrobe, clomping in my wintry boots; He, on His throne in love with me, ever my Beautiful Savior is He! Blessed glimpses of eternity are a treasure to behold.

    Never lay your love letter aside, unopened.

Fair is the sunshine, Fair is the moonlight,

Bright the sparkling stars on high!

Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer,

Than all the angels in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment