Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Candyland

"Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared."
Proverbs 3: 25 & 26

Life is like a game of Candyland. Sometimes, you're doing really well, gaining an extra turn or landing on a shortcut, but other times, you're mired in the Molasses Swamp.
Bad things do happen to all people, Christian or not, because we live in a broken world. A tsunami can sweep over me or a meteor can land smack dab on my house, but I don't have to succumb to an utter feeling of hopelessness or desolation when I trust in God. He will be my confidence! The definition of confidence is "someone or something to be trusted; firm belief, trust, reliance." He will always extend a helping hand to pull me out of the swamps of life. He is my Shepherd!

No comments:

Post a Comment