Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Dangers of Drifting

"For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm."
Proverbs 1: 32 & 33

If I were floating on a raft in Lake Erie, idly daydreaming, enjoying the sunshine and harmony of the day, I'd look up and find myself miles from shore in danger if I were not careful. The Bible warns me of being complacent, just listing a bit at a time from where I should be in Christ. When the disciple, Peter, walked on water, he did okay as long as he looked at Jesus. When his vision strayed to the windy elements, he began to sink. To stay safe, I must listen to the Voice of Wisdom, feel the proddings of the Holy Spirit. Only then may I relax at ease, without fear of harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment