Monday, February 11, 2013

Love Is

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

The word "love" is often overused. We say we loved that movie or we love a new haircut. I love chocolate, kittycats and delicate blossoms. But true love can only be defined by God because God is love. Take him out of the equation and nothing adds up. For every time the word "love" is used in the above verses, I can replace them with "God" and it totally makes sense. The Bible tells me to be Christ-like so I must strive to love others in this way. Every day, I must give other people a clean slate erased of grudges or envious feelings, mistrust or prideful gloating. Am I always patient or kind? Ha! Just ask my family; they know. But I can ask God to step in and help me. He knows me better than my family does. All I have to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment