Sunday, February 17, 2013

Building a Good Rep

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man."
Proverbs 3: 3,4

How can I build a sterling reputation? What if I have done something in my past that I am ashamed of? Is it too late?
Jesus said "today is the day of salvation." It is never too late, as long as I have breath in my body. I can begin each day, determined to let love and faithfulness guide me. Ask God to forgive me as I, in turn, forgive others. Be true to my word. Say things to build others up, not to tear them down. Steer clear of gossip, cursing, arguing or avarice. Stand up for what is right. Vow to give people a chance to explain themselves rather than jump to conclusions.
Listen to his Word, then act upon it. That is the way to building a good reputation, one act at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment